Thinking of Renovations?

The City of Brantford presently requires General Trades to be licenced. This licence covers such things as:
Window/Door Installations
Chimney Installation Repair
Eaves Trough, Fascia & Soffits
Driveway Paving & Sealing.
All contractors working within the City Limits, must have on their possession a valid photo ID licence.

The City of Brantford General Trades Licence

What does this mean to the homeowner?
It means the homeowner has peace of mind that the person(s) working on their property have shown the City of Brantford proof of public liability, property damage insurance (Minimum $2 million dollars), and if applicable, WSIB (Workplace Safety & Insurance Board).

What does this mean to the contractor?
A General Building Trades Licence is a licence that grants legal permission to engage in the business of carrying out repairs or renovations. Renovations consist of reconstruction, installation, extension or replacement of any part of a building. Applications for such licence are made at the Ciry Clerk's Department, Main Floor City Hall. The application requirements include information regarding insurance and business registration with WSIB (If applicable).

If you would like any information on By-law which regulates the trades licensing process in the City of Brantford or wish to find out if a contractor is licenced, please call:

City Clerk's Department
City of Brantford
100 Wellington Square
(519) 759-4150

Search the By-Laws


Home | Site Map | Seller Info | Buyer Info | Worksheet Forms | Free Evaluation |
Calculator | Tips | Glossary | Privacy Policy | Local Community | Links | Contact Us |