Collection Inquiries, Contractor: 519-770-4711
Only 1, 2 or 5 plastics are recyclable at this time! Items like:
plastic pop/juice bottles,
yogurt or margarine containers and more durable plastics such as
Containers & Tubs
- remove tops and discard lids
- rinse containers out
- flatten soft drink containers & remove lids
(only recycle lids that are labelled 1, 2 or 5)
Do not include plastic wrap, garden pots, styrofoam, medicine
containers, toys, rubbermaid products or other durable plastic products
that are not labeled 1, 2 or 5 plastics.
- rinse containers out
- place metal lids inside container
- pinch the top to trap lids in container
Do not include frozen juice cans (unless all metal), metal pots or any
other metal products.
- remove caps/lids, rinse
- recycle metal caps/lids with cans
- mason jars/lids can be recycled
Do not include broken glass. Wrap broken glass in paper and set out in
a cardboard box for garbage collection. Do not include any other type
of glass, such as ceramics, dishes, cups, window glass, light bulbs,
mirrors, pyrex or drinking glasses.
- clean foil
- flatten aluminum trays and foil
(pie plates/fast food trays)
Do not include aluminum foil or trays with food scraps or grease, foil
with paper or plastic lamination (chip bags, butter or cigarette
wrappings or blister foil from pills). Do not stuff aluminum into other
cans or containers.
- make sure metal containers are empty
- take lids off paint cans to dry
- place in blue box - don't bag them.
Do not include containers with more than 25mm (1/4") of dried product,
paint cans larger than 4 litres (1 gallon), plastic paint cans, propane
cylinders or other hazardous waste. Cans that still contain product are
to be taken to Household Hazardous Waste Days.
Cardboard used for shipping large items (stereos, furniture,
- flattened & tied in 75cm x 75cm (30" x 30") sections up to 20cm
(8”) thick, left beside blue box
Do not include pizza boxes (unless clean) or any non-corrugated
- cereal/detergent type boxes, shoe boxes
- cardboard tubes, brown paper bags
- egg cartons
Remove food and liner bags, flatten boxes and stuff all material in a
boxboard box, paper or plastic bag. Do not include drinking boxes, milk
cartons, contaminated paper (e.g. used tissues), paper with heavy foil,
plastic lamination or waxed paper. Remove all food residue.
- newspapers, wrapping paper/inserts
- phone books, magazines/catalogues
- paperback books, junk mail/office paper
Place in a plastic or paper bag next to or on top of your blue box. Do
not include hard covered books or soiled paper. Remove windows from
THIS CHRISTMAS, RECYCLE HOLIDAY WRAPPING PAPER!
Include the following materials in with your newspaper, or in it’s own plastic bag beside or on top of the recycling box:
- regular wrapping paper, cardboard tubes
- greeting cards, wrapping tissue paper
- paper gift bags with handles removed
- foil & plastic wraps, bubble wraps
- foil, plastic or musical greeting cards, cellophane or bows
- ribbons, plastic gift bags
Hazardous Waste Event Days
Recycle & Waste Info