The customized marketing plan should be designed to make the process of selling your home
as simple and quick as possible. While
a sign on your lawn is of paramount importance to the sale of your
home, a well-thought-out marketing plan is also essential.
If you are using good real estate professional, a marketing strategy
should be one of the first things he/she will discuss with you. If
selling your own house, make sure you create your own marketing
strategy to give your house maximum exposure.
Customized marketing plan will
assist you in differentiating your home from others in your
marketplace. It will help alleviate any anxiety you may have about
your property and guide you through the selling process.
Important Marketing Steps:
1. Prepare House for Viewing
the necessary improvements before you put your property on the
market is probably one of the most important things you can do for fast
and smooth selling process.
- Cleaning the house and removing clutter are another simple and effective ways to get potential buyers to
focus on the bones of the house, not on the distracting mess.
appeal is just as important as cleaning the inside of the home - it's
the buyer's first impression of your property.
2. Have Sale Sign Installed
- This creates visibility for prospective buyers who are driving through the area.
- Notifies neighbors that house is available.
3. Install Lockbox
- Lockbox is very convenient for showings, you don't want to turn away any showings.
- It provides opportuity for showing vacant property without appointment.
- Electronic lockbox record all entries and provides some security.
4. Coordinate Photography
- Have exterior photos taken and ready.
- Have interior photos taken and ready.
- Take additional photos if necessary due to weather, season etc.
5. Order Virtual Tour
- This great technology will provide 360 degre views of the property. The virtual tour
opportunity to differentiate your property from others. Virtual tour will never be a 100% substitute for a personal walk
through, but it is an essential first step for helping a clients to
the listings that fit their needs and taste.
- Virtual tour should be posted on property's online brochure, feature sheet, and web sites used for advertising your property.
- It can be emailed to prospective buyers.
tour you have essentially created an online open house that buyers can
conveniently experience 24/7 from their home or office computer. You
even invite potential buyers to your open house directly from your
6. Create Marketing Pieces
- Postcards and Feature Sheet with general information about your property.
- Brochure - more detailed information for parties who express interest.
- Open House Invitations - for the immediate neighborhood or other target markets.
7. Order Property Address URL
- Order a web site for your property at www.youraddress.com
- Point all advertising to this address (brochures, sign rider, feature sheets, flyers, etc.
8. Input Into MLS (Multiple Listing Service)
- MLS listing gives exposure and make your property information available to real estate professionals and potential buyers.
- MLS exposes your property to those most likely to purchase
and makes sure you won't waste time showing your home to those who
9. Newspaper Advertising
- Create newspaper advertising schedule in area's large newspaper.
- Create newspaper advertising schedule in local real estate newspaper.
10. Other Internet Exposure
- Create advertising for social media sites.
- Create completely free ads on
Kijiji, Craigslist, and related sites for more exposure.
ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
We grant you the right to publish this article on your website, in your
online newsletter or ezine as long as the article is left in the
original state and includes the complete resource box unchanged, which
means it provides credit to the author, author's statement, and all
information about content provider.
All the links included in resource box should be in clickable
hyperlinked format. We would appreciate if you notify us of your intent
to publish our article and send us a courtesy copy or link.
The articles published on www.brantrealty.com express the views of the
authors and do not reflect the view of the BrantRealty.com
This article is reprinted with permission.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Maya Gavric, entrepreneur, consultant, former realtor, freelance
writer, web developer, artist and marketing coach has been working,
researching and reporting on the Internet for years. Her numerous
articles offer valuable insight and tips on wide variety of topics. In
recent times she has paid particular attention to knowledge management
on the Internet and environmental problems, exploring how our attention
to hot issues might best transform current situation into better
Article Source: http://www.brantrealty.com